Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are surgical procedures used to diagnose and treat gynecological disorders. They are both less invasive ways of performing surgery than the classical often surgeries.
In laparoscopy, instead of making a large open cut, surgeons make tiny cuts and insert thin instruments and a camera called an endoscopy into the abdomen or pelvic area.
Hysteroscopy like laparoscopy uses an endoscopy but to inspect the uterine cavity through the cervix.
Diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy can determine whether women have conditions such as:
- uterine fibroids
- ovarian cysts or tumors
- ectopic pregnancy
- pelvic abscess, or pus
- pelvic adhesions, or painful scar tissue
- pelvic inflammatory disease
- reproductive cancers
Some types of laparoscopic and hysteroscopic treatment include:
- hysterectomy, or removal of the uterus
- removal of the ovaries
- removal of ovarian cysts
- removal of fibroids
- blocking blood flow to fibroids
- endometrial tissue removal, which is a treatment for endometriosis
- adhesion removal
- reversal of a contraceptive surgery called tubal ligation
- Burch procedure for incontinence
- vault suspension to treat a prolapsed uterus
Both procedures have faster recovery, less time in the medical facility, and less trauma to the body than conventional surgery.
HAYAH Fertility Clinic offers the whole range of endoscopic surgeries.